Anyway -- here's how you install the scanner and printer drivers for this device on Windows 7 64-bit machines --
- Detach the printer from the computer.
- Visit the follow link (http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=DownloadDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=335&modelid=12943)
- Find the "Select OS" dropdown and select "Windows 7 (x64)" from the list.
- Click the red download link (MF3200_MFDrivers_Win_x64_us_EN_7.exe).
- Scroll to the bottom of the next page and click "I agree -- begin download".
- Save the executable to an easy to remember location on your computer. Browse to the folder in Explorer and run it. It will extract the drivers to a subdirectory in the same directory as the executable called "MF3200_MFDrivers_Win_x64_us_EN_7". Remember the location of this folder for later.
- Attach the printer to the computer.
- Ignore or cancel out of any automatic prompts that Windows tries to open. It will not be able to find the right drivers on Windows Update or elsewhere.
- Click the Start menu button and search for "Device Manager". Open it.
- Under both the "Imaging devices" and "Other Devices" tree menu subitems, you will see CanonMF3200 devices (there should be a CanonMF3200 entry in both tree menu subitems). They should have question marks or exclimation marks next to them, meaning they are not functioning or are not installed.
- Right click on both of these devices and select "Update Driver Software". Click
Browse my computer from driver software" and browse to the driver folder ( that you extracted to earlier (called "MF3200_MFDrivers_Win_x64_us_EN_7"). Again, you will need to do this two times -- for both devices (scanner / fax and printer).
- You should be done.
Let me know if you need clarification or this does not work.